Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Dreams, Life and Money

You know that house?
The house that you've always dreamed of having.
Of looking upon after a hard day's work.
The house that you own, that you can proudly say is yours.
This house is your dream house, it's THE house.
I've always loved architecture and interior design so to pick just one perfect alcove placement, or one perfect porch stain would be nearly an impossible task.
The wrap around porch complete with a swing, or the vaulted ceilings and the hardwood floors, how can one choose?!
I love Pride and Prejudice mansions with an old and historic feel to them, I love pale yellow cottages with white picket fences, I love modern lofts with bold colours and to blend my eclectic taste would be both an exciting challenge and a nightmare.
But perhaps the dream home isn't so hard to reach for you, perhaps you know exactly what you want and how you want it done. Perhaps you've chosen a log cabin, or a beach house, maybe even a yurt but there is always one thing that seems to stop every dreamer dead in its tracks.
Money.
That dumb, ridiculous currency used to make the world go 'round.
And that's why it's called a "dream" house, because it will only happen in our dreams.
But what if I want it to be real. What if I don't want life to be full of dreams, I want it to be full of dream-like realities.
I'm sick of what if's and saving money and never getting the thing you really want because it's not in your budget. Why not get the sea-foam toaster? Or the better razors for goodness sake!? If that's what is important to you and what will give you just that much more joy then live a little and do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment