Friday, December 16, 2011

Freedom

Freedom comes in many ways.
Freedom is the sound of silence when you're the only one left in the house.
Freedom is the feeling of the cool breeze on your face when you're riding your bicycle.
Freedom is...
Well enough of this poetic stuff, let's face it. Freedom is the school bell ringing for Christmas break.
That bell symbolizes the freedom to do what we want and not have to worry about homework or extra-curriculars. That bell is the sounds of freedom ringing throughout the school yelling "Be free! Be free! I release you from your student bonds!"!
It really is a beautiful sound.
It reminds me of all the christmas cards I'm going to make, all the carols I will sing, and all the time I will have to watch Christmas movies, drink tea, eat cookies and read.
Oh to read! To spend an entire day just reading, soaking up the words one page at a time. To fill your mind with knowledge or lose yourself in another world.
With Christmas comes Christmas break which is pure and wonderful freedom.
Thanks Christmas break, thanks Freedom, I need this.

No comments:

Post a Comment